Computer Vision Annotation Tool (CVAT) is an open source tool for annotating digital images and videos. The main function of the application is to provide users with convenient annotation instruments.
There are two ways to open the CVAT from DLS :
1) Go to the "Dashboard" and open CVAT by clicking on "Launch CVAT".
2) Go to the "Datasets" tab and open CVAT by clicking on (pencil) icon.
When you open CVAT, it will take you to the login page. For login on CVAT use below login id and password.
username : admin
password : admin
1.Click on "Create new task"
Data annotation in CVAT starts by creating an annotation task with the following instructions:
Name a task
Specify labels and their attributes
Choose files to download
2. Fill the basic configurations i. e. Names, Labels, etc...
Datasets are loaded from the local file system or a mounted file system inside a container. A task can include one image archive, one video, a set or catalogue of images from shared storage.
3. Then press Submit button and it will be added into the list of annotation tasks
4. After submitting the task, click on Tasks from the top left, it will show up the created task
5. Open the job by clicking on Job, and start annotating the image
6. To annotate image click on "Create Shape" after selecting the shapes by using the drop-down button for shapes.
You can use four shapes to annotate images: boxes, polygons (generally, for segmentation tasks), polylines (which can be useful for annotating roadmarks), and points (e.g., for annotating face landmarks or pose estimation).
7. Dump the annotated image in DLS after annotating image.
To dump annotation:
Click on "Open Menu" from the left bottom then
Click on "Dump Annotation" and click on DLS
Additionally, there are many features for use in typical annotation tasks: automation instruments (copy and propagate objects, interpolation, and automatic annotation using the TensorFlow OD API), visual settings, shortcuts, filters, and others. These can be changed in the Settings menu.
By following the above steps your annotated dataset will get dumped into Deep Learning Studio "datasets".
8. Go to Deep Learning Studio in the "Dataset" tab there you will see dataset i.e. CVAT dumped dataset.
Now you can use this CVAT dataset and create your segmentation project using Deep Learning Studio.